Saturday, April 19, 2014

Week 7- Excuses

I lost another 4 lbs this week!  26 lbs and 22.5 inches total in 7 weeks!  WHOA & YAY!!!!  I am amazed!  I am so happy!  This is working!  It is easy for me to have success, it is easy to follow, it is easy for me to NOT cheat.  I am not hungry- ever, I don't have cravings (maybe occasionally but nothing I can't control).  I am lovin' it! 

We all have excuses.  They're not invalid, they are real for most of us.  I think my excuses for being overweight are pretty good.  (though they don't comfort me)

~ having 6 kids

~ working full-time

~ haven't slept well in 15 years

~ can't afford all the healthy food/snacks

~ thyroid condition

~ gain weight no matter what I do

~ serious stress/trials in my life

~ survival mode

~ no time, no energy to exercise

~ sometimes depression

These are valid and real for me.  My priority has shifted to getting healthy and that helps with most of the excuses.  If you really want something you will find a way to get it.  If not you find excuses, we've all heard that.   But I think you need to recognize and validate the excuses for them not to have power over you.  

What are your excuses?  What's holding you back?  What has control over you?

I cannot express the freedom I feel now that food does NOT control me.  I control food.  I still enjoy things but it doesn't send me into an eating frenzy. Food is NOT my friend, it is fuel, that's all.

I have not eaten any Easter candy!  It's my favorite too- I love mini eggs and cream eggs and jelly beans...but I HAD NONE!  Success!!!  I said I wasn't cheating and I'm not, I won't.  I have lost SO much time being overweight, I cannot do anything to slow down my progress. 




Ugh, I still cringe at these pictures, but I have come so far and I LOVE where I'm going!  :)  And I SO need my hair done!




#watchmelose  #committed  #dailyhabits  #escapefromobesity


4 comments:

  1. aw sally, you're beautiful! and i'm thrilled for you and your new lifestyle!! :) keep it up. you're truly inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug says you are fantastic and have "some discipline there." And I agree. You are fantastic. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an inspiration for Ellie and me. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! awesome! you are rocking this program

    ReplyDelete