Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 25- Still going strong!

It's been a few months.  The summer got away from me.  I thought I would have time and a routine- haha! Foolish!  I have 6 kids and we went to a funeral in New Mexico, family reunion in Colorado, Bear Lake, my brother came home from his mission to Brazil, my sister and her 2 kids visited from Hawaii, and I worked a lot.  It was a very good but BUSY summer.  School started and thus began the late nights, getting up early, stress, etc....And I still managed to lose weight!  Yay!

I am halfway to my goal!  I am down 61 lbs!  It feels like a dream, it doesn't feel real!  I am just amazed that I could do this.  I am so incredibly grateful to have a program that works so consistently!  I feel so overwhelmed because I have hope for the first time in years and years and years.

I took my girls school shopping at Maurice's (my favorite store that I cannot afford and want to work at so I can get a discount) and I took courage and tried on size 13/14 pants...and they fit!!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!
Yes, I cried, yes I felt like my heart would burst.
You have to understand I came from years of no hope for losing weight.  I never thought this day would come and guess what?  I have hope that I WILL ACTUALLY get to my goal weight by February (or sooner)!  Crazy, exciting, dreamy!  And all without being on Biggest Loser or surgery or some other crazy diet.  It's so hard to put my feelings on paper, it's hard to describe how amazing I feel.  I'm just so happy!

I still have 59 lbs to go but I WILL DO IT!!! 

Pants that were TIGHT on me 5 months ago!

Same outfit, almost 6 months later

I'm actually crying in the picture on the left.  I hated my weight, my hopelessness.

Thanks to a great PE teacher at my school (who is doing a cross fit boot-camp for us) I started exercising this week.  I am completely thrashed and sore but it feels so awesome!  I am loving working my muscles (they've had a 10+ year break).  So I will keep you updated on how the cross fit is going.  :)

I had a Dr. appointment this summer and he said ALL my numbers have gone down to a healthy range!  He was amazed!  I wasn't surprised but so happy to hear it!  Hooray for health!!!

I'm going to try to do a post at least monthly. 

There's a health challenge coming soon- here is a video about it. They are a fun way to make health a habit.  I'm doing it.  Who's with me?  You don't have to be a client to do the challenge. 


#watchmelose  #committed

1 comment:

  1. So exciting Sally! YOU GO! You reclaim your health, your control and the happiness that comes from being healthy and in control. It is an indescribable, wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete