Monday, June 16, 2014

13-15 weeks- Just Keep going

Keep going, trust the program, trust the healthy habits I am building.  This is my mantra- what I tell myself all the time.
I only weigh myself once a week because I don't want the scale to control me.

And then I get on the scale on Saturday 5/31 which I was expecting not to be good because it was the last week of school...and it's down another 3 lbs!  WOOHOO!

41 lbs and 34.6 inches lost in 13 weeks.  It shocks me EVERY week!  And I have a spreadsheet where I keep all this data so I can see where I started.  I have lost 8 inches off my chest, 6.5 inches from my waist, 9.5 inches off my hips, 5 inches off each thigh!!!!  Holy crap!!!!  Do I say that too much?  But seriously!  I am a third of the way to my goal!  80 more lbs to be where I was in high school and what's crazy is this is actually "doable" with the help of my new best friend Take Shape for Life (and my health coach) My goal is to be there by Christmas!  What a present to me- getting my life back!

But the next week, 6/7, the first week of summer, I get on the scale and it hasn't moved.  Bummer! But I have lost some inches so I call that success! I'll take it.  I try to analyze the week and what I did differently to get my results.  So my evaluation of this week- I got totally sick (fever, ear infections, sinus infection), worked 2 days, didn't sleep well, didn't track my water or eating every 3 hours...so yeah that explains it.  I have also been really stressed about Tom not having a job.  I try to stay positive and hopeful but man it's hard.

Depression sucks.  I am really having a hard time right now.  When your spouse is out of a job for months and months and months and frequently over the last 8 years...it really starts to take a toll.  Trying to save change to put a gallon of gas in the car or to get a gallon of milk REALLY hurts my positivity. I hate being poor!  I remind myself of all the things in my life that are blessings- like my family, my faith, friends, a roof over my head (for now) and those ARE the MOST important things, so why do I let myself get depressed and stressed?  I get mad at myself for not being positive.  I'm sure not having my anxiety meds for a few weeks is affecting my mood ;).  I just wish I could get this darkness out of my head.  It also affects my weight loss. AND it's compounded by my husbands' stress and depression, we're quite the pair.  I really want this to end, I hope I hurry up and learn whatever it is I am supposed to learn so we can all move on and finally start living a normal life- whatever that means.


Just keep going, one day at a time.  I am feeling good physically, now just need to fix my head and my life.  Haha.  (I'm not really laughing) I'm sure things will look better next week. 

6/14- my weight loss is now...43 lbs  :) I put on size 16 pants today!  AHHHHHH!!!!  That's 4 pants sizes smaller!  :)





We are completely in control of our own happiness! We have all known someone who appears to "have it all", yet is perpetually unhappy...nothing is ever good enough! On the other hand, we have probably all known someone who appears to be completely destitute of positive circumstances, yet beams with happiness.

We can start by wearing a smile, offering gratitude, focusing on those we love and those who love us, and actively looking for opportunities to display happiness.


Just keep going!  Just keep going! 

And here's a thought on how to tell if you're physically or emotionally hungry...




Here's to another week!  One week, one day at a time! 
#watchmelose  # committed  #escapefromobesity

2 comments:

  1. I am so inspired by you. I have never, ever, had the control you have exhibited. And I love the Physical/Emotional Hunger Chart. Very helpful. I love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't lose heart Sally - we're all routing for you.

    ReplyDelete